Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Goddess of Thunder?

And now for something completely different...

I feel like I should probably preface this by saying I don't actually read Thor.  For that matter, I'm not really a big fan of The Avengers and really only took notice of them after the movies started coming out (much  like the rest of the world).  But this?  This is bananas!

Marvel is going to "re-boot" Thor in a manner of speaking.  We're not talking a random "The New 52" maneuver.  This is THE Thor of the main Marvel Universe and he is now someone a woman.  I'm not entirely sure how this came to be and since I'm not actually a fan of the books, I don't know that I can respectfully weigh in on this, but DAAAAAAAAYUM this is huge.

I mean, if they really wanted a Goddess of Thunder versus a God, can't they just ask Storm to don the feather headed tiara again?  Remember when she swung that Mjolnir-wannabe hammer, courtesy of Loki?  You don't?  Really?  Oh you poor deprived child.  Feast your eyes:

Ain't she purty?  Anyway...

All I can say is I hope the fans of Thor are content with this drastic change.  As for me, all I can say is if they fire Chris Hemsworth for this, I will cut a b!tch.

Full story HERE courtesy of Marvel Comics.


No comments:

Post a Comment